- January 27-31, 2020: Acupuncture for ENT Problems Experienced by Divers. Naturopathic Medicine Jamaica 2020, Portland, Jamaica (certification and CME credits).
- September, 2020: Acupuncture for ENT Problems Experienced by Divers. BAcC, Great Britain.
- April 12, 2019: Acupuncture for ENT Problems Experienced by Divers. TCM Postgraduate, Amsterdam, 2-8 PM. Accreditation NVA and Zhong.
- August 19-20, 2019: Acupuncture for Pressure Equalization Problems Experienced by Divers. 9th International Conference on Traditional Medicine and Acupuncture, Tokyo – Japan.
- July 23-24, 2018: Acupuncture for Pressure Equalization Problems experienced by Divers. 8th International Conference on Traditional Medicine and Acupuncture, Rome – Italy.
- November 20, 2015: Acupuncture for ENT Problems experienced by Divers. TCM Postgraduate, Amsterdam, 2-8 PM. Accreditation NVA and Zhong.
The course Acupuncture for ENT Problems experienced by Divers will clarify which ENT problems can complicate the ability of clearing the ears (or make it impossible), how they arise and what it means ‘to clear the ears’. This course will give insights in Western diving medicine, discuss concisely the Western and Chinese definition and aetiology of several ENT problems, the essence of the Chinese pattern differentiation and explain how these ENT issues can be treated in the best way.
The most important aspects of the next medical problems regarding diving, will be clarified: Common Cold, Rhinosinusitis, Allergic and Non-Allergic Rhinitis, Otitis Externa (e.g. Swimmers Ear), Otitis Media and Otitis Interna, Surfer’s Ear, Perforation of the Tympanic Membrane and Tinnitus. The most relevant acupuncture points regarding ENT problems will be highlighted. In addition there will be demonstrations, which show where to locate and how to needle specific acupuncture points that affect the nose and ear regions. The participants will have to exercise these acupuncture points on each other. The participants will be taught how to educate the diver to prevent the clearing the ear problems.
The main focus of this course is how Chinese Medicine can be integrated with Western Diving Medicine and how you as a professional can contribute to diving in a more safe and pleasurable way. Naturally, the diver will feel much better above the water surface as well when the ENT problem and the underlaying deficiencies are solved. This course is for adventurous acupuncturists who want to study new possibilities of treatments and who ambition to treat divers responsibly and professionally. Also very useful for acupuncturists who want to extend their knowledge about ENT disorders in general and in aviation.
If you need more information or want to book Janneke for a course or lecture please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
“The 20th of November 2015 Janneke Vermeulen has provided a brilliant course day for TCM Postgraduate at the Victoria Park Plaza Hotel in Amsterdam. The subject was: Acupuncture for ENT Problems seen with Divers. Combined with a fantastic PowerPoint Presentation Janneke gave insights in Diving Medicine, Western diagnostics and a brief explanation of the Western treatments. Thereafter the focus was shifted to diagnostics and treatment options in Chinese Medicine. Soon became clear that the specific subject was suitable for diagnosing and treating ENT problems in general as well. There was extensive attention for the most important acupuncture points regarding ENT pathology, the location of these points, needle techniques and advice. In short: it was an inspiring training day based on integration of Western and Eastern Medicine and valued by the students as excellent!”
Gerard Smienk, Director TCM Postgraduate, 2016.